Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Socks, staying up till midnight, sunshine

Wow. Alliteration. I must be tired.
Socks - got aggravated and started over. It's not bad, because I need the practice in all the pattern stitches. The second try looked much better than the first, so the third? Will be awesomesauce as my kids say. And they are just sample ones, made on worsted weight yarn, so it isn't like anyone is *waiting* on them!

Staying up till Midnight was NOT the socks. It was the Senior (look! Another S) who was struggling, struggling with a paper. We worked on it for about 5 hours together - I was scribe, editor, and thesaurus all rolled into one.
Midnight - or shortly thereafter - it was done, and then he realized he had not annotated the bibliography. I was getting his brother up early anyway so I just dragged him out of the bed as well. His brother had been struggling with an art project that needed more work. Today he gets to work on projects - 4 of them - that he had neglected to tell us about.

It is sunny today, and lovely fall weather. I had stuff to do in the morning but then came home and took the dogs for a walk. It was so wonderful - the sky is that amazing blue it becomes in the fall.

Now I am watching the clock because I have to take middle kid to therapist today. Mostly I want to go to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. Kids and homework. It's a nasty combination.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Oh, you have so described some late nights at my house! (That kid is now in college and... well, time will tell, but mostly it doesn't seem to be working very well... possibly because we aren't there next to him. *sigh*)

And Friday morning I had to also get a kid up early because he "forgot" about some assignments. BOYS!!!!