Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Answering machines

Because we are apparently in the dark ages, we still have a "land line". The description of which makes me  shake my head - sounds like the other option is what? An air line? water line?
One thing I am learning to use, though, is my answering machine to screen calls. Now for 3.5 years we did not have caller ID available on our home phone. Now we have it again, and even though I am on the do not call list, we still seem to get our fair share of nonsense calls. Especially during the day, if it doesn't say G county schools or the name of my church, I'm pretty sure its a nonsense call.
My cell phone, however, must be one or two digits off of someone else's number. Because I CONTINUALLY get wrong number calls. And texts. Once, someone asked if they should get dreds. I thought, hmm..I don't think this is who you think it is.
Nothing against dreds, but they don't really work on anyone who would be texting me - my DH, my best friends, my sisters...none of them either have the correct texture or length for such things.

On the stomach front, Oldest is the only one so far to actually become physically ill. I had a mild version of it, as did middle kid. But good gravy, I am so drained. Apparently that is one of the hallmarks of this particular virus. It's not even no energy. It's like an energy vacuum.

Took both puppies for a walk today. It's fun till they get tired and start to be uncooperative :) like all small tired mammals, so we turned around and came home then.

Now I am off to the store so I can sneak in a nap before the kids get home. And I'm really wishing my washing machine and dryer both took the same amount of time. Laundry would be so much more efficient.

No comments: