Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas and so on

Christmas was nice - all were healthy, youngest was Joseph at the Christmas Eve family service, complete with WILD wig, and Oldest read scripture. Middle kid helped husband move scenery (one backdrop) and i wrangled kids and sprinted up the aisle after missing my cue to read a prayer. In my defense, I was helping a wise man.
Last night we had the wonderful opportunity to see old friends for a night as they were driving to VA beach. They'll drive back through here in a week - YEA!
We have a new mattress - isn't that thrilling? It's a Tempurpedic...still getting used to it, but so far so good.

We even got snow - snowed about 3 inches, lasted a day, and now has melted quite a bit. Probably about half of it melted - and it was the best kind of snow, where it didn't stick on the street.

We went up and saw my family pre Christmas. My mom is doing okay, getting weaker physically but is still "there" inside. Its good to see her, but still hard in some ways. I don't know what I'd do without my sisters - they really do the lion's share of the work. ALS is a wicked disease, and I wish I could change it. But I can't. So we deal with it.

It's been interesting - for the first time in the kid's lives, I've had to go to work when they were home on vacation. But it's good too, because it makes them connect more with their Dad. I'm hoping tomorrow they can all go do something fun.

Wondering what to do for New Years...Oldest leaves that night for the Sugar Bowl. I'm more nervous about that then when I sent him to Bulgaria on a missions trip!

1 comment:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Yes, your sisters are amazing. I'm so grateful they're doing all the work to allow your mom to stay in her home.