Thursday, October 07, 2010

Moving Mysteries

There are a few things I can't find since the move. One, my light up pumpkin for Halloween. DH swears it is in the outside garage. I looked, but didn't see it. I really would like to find it. I know that it is here *somewhere*. Unlike the Nutella (6 large jars) that I cannot find anywhere. I think the movers may have, um, liberated it.
Ok, the TV is on as I write this -some guy paints pictures out of the dirt on the back of his car. I mean, not just minor "wash me" but entire paintings, like The Birth of Venus. Go here if you want to see:
http://www.dirtycarart.com/DCAGallery/index.html

I have started a part time job. It's fun, I like it, but it changes how the house is run and how things get done. DH and I were talking last night -the original plan was for me to work full time. But after 15 years of NOT working outside the home full time, I think it would have been a disaster. DH agreed. Middle kid is finally getting stable - between the meds and therapy, his anxiety is so much better, and we have a 504 for the ADD/Anxiety issues in school. Part of me still longs to have them home and home schooled, but they seem to be doing well. These schools, despite all the gloom and doom of public school reports, are strong academically and really, they are doing the things I would be doing for the most part. We still 'supplement' and all the kids are great readers, so that helps. But I miss them when they are at school.

Now I have to get the younger two to figure out what they are going to be for Halloween.

No comments: