Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sundays

The weekend has just FLOWN by. Today was our church's fall festival - fun, low key, and a nice way to spend a few hours.
I did the children's moment today - on when Moses tells the peeps to stop bringing sacrifices to the temple, that they had enough. But we should never think God wants us to stop bringing our love to Him.
Next week is All Saints Day. I have to work on that !!!
Plus, next Saturday is a band competition PLUS the Halloween parade in our development. Blecch. Too many things on one day.
The puppies are getting bigger, and seem to be over their tummy troubles. Sweet, but busy little guys.
This week is middle kid's 13th bday. Have NO idea what I'm going to get him. At least this year we don't have to worry about party issues - just don't know enough peeps.
Bonus find of the month..the preschool at the church had been given a huge amount of yarn that they can't use - it's wool yarn. So I grabbed a few rolls so I can do the squares for this project:
http://www.knit-a-square.com/index.html
Now I have to actually do it!!!
Alright, off to do some laundry. The never ending cycle, right?
Loincloths. That's the answer.

2 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

If the yarn is real wool, consider letting people use it for the Afghans for Afghans project (it's on the web). It's not just blankets, it's also baby hats, kids' sweaters, etc.

Navhelowife said...

It's not under *my* control, so to speak. But we do have several mission based knitting groups at the church, and I think they are planning to use some as well for projects like that. I only took a few rolls - trying to be realistic. I don't have time to do a whole afghan, but I can do some squares!