Thursday, January 20, 2011

Random Musings

Things that have been floating around in my head:
Do you have bloggers who you used to read fairly regularly but now? Eh. Don't like their tone, or their politics, or what have you. I've found that with a few blogs I hadn't read for awhile and then started again. And then quickly stopped.
Blogs can be like a black hole of time wasting if you let them :)

I have quite a few irons in the fire at the moment. Some of them are easy, some are harder. I'm trying to learn *again* how to balance time, energy, and talent. Some days I do well. Other days...well, not so much.

Today I have to go to work, then I have a meeting this evening downtown. Which requires 1. driving at night, which I hate, and 2. dealing with downtown traffic, which I am not too fond of either. Praying that I have a good attitude and that the meeting produces fruit. Or at least starts to dig the hole to plant the seed to grow the tree to produce the fruit. Sounds like a song :)

Internet went out last night! Couldn't figure out why, but was too lazy to go look at the little box thingy. Son 3 reported that the lights were "all out" on the box. Sighed and just used some neighbor's unlocked signal. This morning decided I would look at it. Reason no lights? No power. The cord had come unplugged. Glad it did not require any further effort on my part :)

Had my first "online" video conference yesterday, during which the dogs managed to get the porch door open and come back into the house. So all through the chat, I'm hearing "thump thump thump" of dogs running just about all over the house. Our house is on a crawlspace, not slab, so it echoes sound...it was too funny trying to pay attention while hoping they were not creating havoc in the house. Luckily they did fine, no messes, no eating pillows, although they did jump on the couch - the fabric one, thank heaven, not the leather.

It was so nice yesterday I even got to open the windows. Colder today. And they are saying 'wintry mix' for monday and tuesday. I don't mind winter weather, really. I just mind it here because it SHUTS everything DOWN.

Now, go wake up after this awfully boring post, and have a great day.

1 comment:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I am really not fond of either driving downtown or at night either. I do make myself do it because I don't want to turn into one of those old ladies that misses out of fun stuff because she won't drive herself there.