Friday, January 28, 2011

Musings

Facebook - I have a friend who has 'given up' facebook. I have a love/hate relationship with it. Love to chat and to see pictures, to catch up with my friends. But I hate all the 'games' and I sometimes hate the posts. It has been, however, a life saver when I am feeling isolated and alone. If you have ever moved to a new area, you know what I mean. I haven't reached the point where people are calling to chat yet - or where I run into people on a regular basis, and it is lonely.

I am taking an online class in Christian Ed - and just found out there is a small scholarship offered to students in my state. Every little bit helps!

My dogs are eating everything in sight. They are goats, just goats.

If you have snow on the ground, be careful. We have beautiful weather today.

I am currently eating a grape lollipop as I type this. Why exactly do we call it grape? It's not like it tastes like grape, really...
My oldest, and hopefully my middle, are going to a lock in and paintball thing for youth tonight. I fail to see the attraction of paintball, but they love it. I've seen the bruises. Ain't no way on God's green earth will I willingly do that!!!!

Have a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

hornblower said...

Oh - the smooshable puppies!

Take heart - I hardly ever run into people I know. & nobody calls me to chat either. (could be b/e I never answer the phone anyway..... LOL)

But dogs, family & online friends + the occasional get together IRL are enough for me.

Anonymous said...

I've got the same feelings about facebook. I think I'm going to give it up for Lent again this year (not that I give up stuff for Lent, but it's a good time to do it and not have people wonder why you aren't on facebook).

Navhelowife said...

Kcinnova,
Giving it up for lent is a good plan. I usually try to add something during lent but I think this year taking something off the plate might do the trick :)